Wowio lets users download eBooks for free off the internet. You can browse Wowio’s digital library, and download up to 5 eBooks every day. All eBooks are PDF files, so all you need is Adobe Acrobat to download and view the files.
How to Sign Up for Wowio
You need 1 of the following:
- non-anonymous e-mail address – your business or school e-mail works best. They disallow yahoo.com & aol.com addresses probably for spam prevention. Websites e-mail addresses seem to work fine like your blog e-mail.
- Credit Card – not really necessary here, but they don’t charge it or anything.
- Scan of ID – I wouldn’t bother scanning your driver’s license. If you’re desperate, go with the last option.
- Use a Friend’s Code – An existing member can vouch for you if you lack all of the above instruments.
Free Business & Investing eBooks
The digital library contains 3 pages full of business & investing ebooks. Some of the titles include:
- The Art of Money Getting by Phineas T. Barnum
- What I Learned About Business by Henry Ford (The Ford Motors Pioneer)
- Excel for the CEO by P.K. Hari
I probably would have signed up even if they weren’t offering a Free iPod Shuffle. Henry Ford’s eBook sounds like a good read for starters.
Refer 10 Friends and Get a Free iPod Shuffle
Wowio is offering a free iPod Shuffle to members who refer 10 people to the program. It’s a clever marketing ploy because 10 members will be worth much more than $100 in the future. Anyways, after you sign up and confirm your e-mail address, you will see a referral form on Wowio’s website. Since I want my readers to cash in on this free iPod offer as well, either list your e-mail in the comments or contact me. Just choose one of the following e-mails below so the Investor Trip community gets credit for the referral.
Referral List (Pick 1 e-mail at random)
tjp [at] investortrip.com
dcbuyingstuff [at] gmail.com
kmcdon07 [at] baker.edu
Note: Once you get 10 referrals, let me know so I can remove your e-mail address.
While his background is mostly related to trading stocks, he recently gained interest in real estate crowdfunding with Fundrise.