Are you looking to invest in emerging markets? Most investors buy emerging markets ETFs but you can skip the expense ratio fees and buy individual stocks to profit from emerging markets.
Best Emerging Market Stocks to Buy
Here is a list of 21 well-known emerging market stocks that were traded on the NYSE or NASDAQ.
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (BABA): Alibaba is a Chinese multinational conglomerate specializing in e-commerce, technology, and internet services. It is often considered one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies.
- Tencent Holdings Limited (TCEHY): Tencent is a Chinese technology conglomerate known for its social media, gaming, and entertainment platforms, including WeChat and QQ.
- Pinduoduo Inc. (PDD): Pinduoduo is a Chinese e-commerce and technology company known for its group-buying platform that offers a wide range of products at competitive prices. It has gained popularity for its innovative approach to online shopping, engaging users in group purchasing activities.
- Grab Holdings Limited (GRAB): Grab is a Singapore-based technology company that provides ride-hailing, food delivery, and various other services in Southeast Asia. It’s often considered a leading super app in the region, offering convenience to users in multiple countries.
- JD.com, Inc. (JD): JD.com is a leading e-commerce company in China, offering a wide range of products and services.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. (TSM): TSMC is a Taiwanese semiconductor foundry, one of the largest and most important in the world, manufacturing chips for various technology companies.
- Sea Limited (SE): Sea Limited is a Singaporean tech company known for its e-commerce platform, Shopee, and the popular online gaming platform, Garena.
- CNOOC Limited (CEO): CNOOC is one of China’s three major state-owned oil and gas companies, with a focus on exploration and production.
- MercadoLibre, Inc. (MELI): MercadoLibre is a Latin American e-commerce and online marketplace company with a presence in multiple countries.
- Yandex N.V. (YNDX): Yandex is a Russian multinational company known for its internet-related services, including the most popular search engine in Russia.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) (PBR): Petrobras is a Brazilian multinational energy corporation specializing in oil and gas exploration and production.
- NIO Inc. (NIO): NIO is a Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer known for its luxury electric SUVs.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): Vale is a Brazilian mining company, one of the world’s largest producers of iron ore and nickel.
- Gazprom PAO (OGZPY): Gazprom is a Russian state-owned energy company, one of the largest natural gas producers in the world.
- Baidu, Inc. (BIDU): Baidu is a Chinese tech company specializing in internet-related services, including its well-known search engine.
- AstraZeneca PLC (AZN): While not based in an emerging market, AstraZeneca is a British-Swedish pharmaceutical company with a significant presence in emerging markets, particularly in healthcare.
- Infosys Limited (INFY): Infosys is an Indian multinational corporation specializing in IT consulting and services.
- Cemex SAB de CV (CX): Cemex is a Mexican multinational building materials company, one of the largest producers of cement in the world.
- Türk Hava Yolları A.O. (Turkish Airlines) (TKC): Turkish Airlines is the flagship carrier of Turkey, providing air transportation services to numerous destinations.
- Ambev S.A. (ABEV): Ambev is a Brazilian beverage company, known for its production of popular brands like Brahma and Skol.
- Yum China Holdings, Inc. (YUMC): Yum China is a fast-food restaurant company in China, operating well-known brands like KFC and Pizza Hut.