We've covered the best Roth IRA providers and stocks already, but you may want to purchase a book to truly understand the power of the Roth individual retirement account.
Here's a quick list of the top Roth IRA books for sale on Amazon.com:
This book (2012 edition, expanded and updated) makes it easy to learn how you can get the most from Roth accounts, including Roth IRAs and Roth accounts in 401k and other employer plans. In plain language it covers:
- Choices. Deciding whether a Roth account is best for you.
- Building wealth. Using contributions and conversions to build your account.
- Managing the account. A sound investment approach for long-term growth without excessive risk.
- Distributions. How to withdraw money from your Roth account without paying tax or penalties.
Included are discussions of both basic and advanced strategies, and a chapter on troubleshooting that lays out different ways to recover from problems. Go Roth! is complete and authoritative, but written in a friendly, informal style that makes it a pleasure to read.
In essence, a Roth IRA conversion requires paying taxes on the portion of your IRA or 401(k) that you convert, but then that money can grow income tax-free for the rest of your, your spouse’s, your children's and grandchildren's lives.
The advantage of a tax-savvy long term Roth IRA conversion is often measured in the millions. The real eye-opener, however, is that Roth IRA conversions are great for older IRA owners, regardless of the benefits to future generations.
The Roth Revolution” addresses the following topics clearly and objectively:
- Whether, how much, and when to convert
- Costs and benefits of a Roth IRA conversion
- Advice for taxpayers in each income tax bracket
- The impact of future tax increases
- Synergy of delaying (or returning) Social Security and Roth IRA conversions
- Combining charitable gifts and Roth IRA conversions
- Tax-free conversions of after-tax dollars in IRAs and retirement plans
- Converting and recharacterizing strategies
You may be asking, “Who in their right mind would pay taxes before they have to?” The answer is James Lange and thousands of his readers and clients, all the top IRA experts, and after reading “The Roth Revolution”, hopefully you too.
From the #1 independent financial advisor in America, ranked three times by Barron’s: a guide to making the most of your retirement plans and assuring long-term financial security.
Everyone knows that saving for your retirement is important. Yet only half of all eligible Americans contribute to a retirement plan. That’s because all plans—including the 401(k), 403(b), 457, and even the IRA—are complicated, confusing, and costly. New York Times bestselling author and acclaimed financial advisor Ric Edelman has counseled thousands of savers and retirees and has accumulated his advice in this book.
Edelman has created a step-by-step guide. With illuminating prose and simple explanations, he shares everything you need to know as a plan participant: how to contribute even when you think you can’t afford to, how to make wise choices among your investment options, and how to convert your 401(k) into income so you can provide yourself with the lifestyle you want in retirement. Along the way, he debunks the myths and clears up the confusion.