E Trade Brokerage Account Review
E Trade offers some of the lowest brokerage fees in the business. Account minimums stand at only $1,000 and real time trades are as low as $7. Here’s the full breakdown on E Trade rates:
- Automatic Investing Plans: NO
- Real time market orders: $7 – $20
- Real time limit orders: $7 – $20
- No Dollar based investing options
- $40 Inactivity fee per quarter
- No Fractional Share Purchases
No Promotional Codes have been found for Etrade.
E trade does not offer enough attractive incentives for my taste. Inactivity fees of $40 and no fractional shares are the two worst features E Trades has to offer.
If you have limited funds to invest, E Trade is not an economical nor practical option for your money. Go with ShareBuilder or Sogo Invest instead.
If you’re a long term investor who believes in buying and holding stocks, any brokerage that offers low commissions and no inactivity fees would suit your needs.